Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Hanging Hearts, Book Bundles & Thrifting Finds (Catch Up # 3)

Greetings lovely friends & readers 

Miss Pippi frets alot when I go away to Mum's & is always contrary for a few days upon my return.  She decided to take up residence in my pretty Tilda-lined Suitcase even tho' she barely fits anymore.  She is sitting on my spools of lace here so you Cannot tell me this is comfortable 😉


Immediately after Easter our little Craft Group had another get-together & I taught the ladies to make these hanging hearts.
There is a wonderful tutorial right * Here * from Craft With Fee on her YouTube Channel.

They are a fun & simple project & easily achievable in a few hours.  The ladies really enjoyed making them & were delighted with their finished hearts.

I chose to make mine in pretty Tilda fabrics & embellished with some wooden buttons from Theodora Cleave
I tucked a garden Gift Card into it & added a handmade Soy Candle as mine is to be gifted to my sister-in-law.

I wanted an autumnal themed centrepiece for my coffee table but had nothing suitable so I decided to make something myself.
I took another 3 hardcover books, glued them together & painted them with chalk paint.  Then I went to The Graphics Fairy website & typed in Autumnal Images. I found this gorgeous maple leaf one so printed it off onto photocopy paper & modpodged it onto my books. (these images are all free)
Wait until it's completely dry before you cut through the gaps in the book spines or it will tear.

This old wooden scroll was in my junk drawer treasure box so I typed out "Autumn" & then glued this onto my books with the scroll over the top - I painted the scroll first.  I then wiped the books over with some distressing ink but coffee grinds work just as well if you don't have any ink.  Whilst looking for autumn leaves in the garden I found the sweetest little birds nest fallen from a tree. (the eggs are faux)

I pressed some leaves under heavy books - this only took 4 days - & then I did an arrangement on the top of my books using a selection of the leaves & the birdsnest.

We are having quite a mild autumn here & I am so enjoying all the colours of the leaves that are falling now. 

Here is my book bundle displayed on the coffee table - I am so pleased with it 💗

I have had the opportunity to frequent the Thrift Stores lately (Op Shops we call them) & have found some real treasure.
This sweet little cup above left was only 50c & matches my egg cup perfectly.  The dish on the right was $6 - both at Stratford Hospice

The wooden candlestick was such a bargain - only $9 & it stands 50 cms high.  The hearts were $2 & $4 - I plan to paint the larger one.

This china gravy boat was $4 at Salvation Army - it made a perfect candle holder last week when I made another batch of Soy Candles.


But I have to say - my favourite find Ever would have to be this sectional mirror - purchased from Habitat for Humanity for $40. It was hidden under about an inch of dust & when I gently cleaned it all off I fell in love with it.

I have sat it on The Mr's chest of drawers & it makes me so happy when I walk into the bedroom & see it.
The lady told me she had only put it in the Shop about half an hour before I purchased it.  It is Very heavy & I am sure - Very old.

                                                                                💗💕💗💕💗💕

Some of the detailing up closer. 

Well dear friends - thank you for staying with me through another lengthy post.  I am sure I am all caught up now. 😊
Thank You - as always - for your visits here today.

I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead.

With much love & friendship to you all,

Julie & the furry ones x0x0x0x

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar