Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Snow and Ice and Crochet Ornament

What a week we've had.  And it's not over yet.  A storm arrived last Thursday and so I did not volunteer at Multnomah Falls.  Snow fell and it was beautiful.  Then the rain fell and it all turned to a sheet of ice.  Five power poles were knocked over and we lost power.  Thank goodness we have a generator so we could keep the pellet stove going.  Dayle got a nice fire going in the living room and we soldiered on.  With no TV.. and no internet.  But then they fixed the electricity and still we had no internet and tv.  For 4 days!  It's fixed now but guess what?  A storm is predicted to be hitting us again today and they even closed the school.  So, we're hunkering down.  We have 5 skylights on the house and a big chunk of ice shattered the one in our master bathroom, so Dayle went up on the roof and measured it so he can get a new one and they plan to install it theirselves, he and our son.  Men.  Speaking of men.. Dayle took my iPhone outside and snapped photos of the house in the dusk for you.  Wasn't that sweet?


Dayle and Travis drove up to the Corbett Country Market in this mess to pick up some emergency hot dog buns for a Coney Island dinner.  He snapped this of the ice up there, see that sign?  I designed the artwork on it!  :-)


We had icicles!


See the ice on our circular driveway?  That's the chicken house on the left of the garage.  


Now... my friend Shirley knows I like to crochet and she saw some cute holiday lights on Facebook so she tagged me to see them and I fell in love with them.  I found the pattern and this was my first one.  Aren't they cute?  Here's the link.


They are about 3 inches tall.  The designer strung hers together like a light string, but I decided to make individual ornaments.. for now.. but a string of them will be done, too.  :-)  Yes, they are fun to make!


Here are the ones I've made so far on the tree.. I just love these!!  Are you going to make one or two of these?  I hope so!


I added 3 camels to my Jim Shore Nativity scene on top of our china cabinet.


And set up the Dept 56 North Pole Village on the piano.. I made the pierced paper lampshades on both of the lamps there.  


Santa (Kristi) has visited! :-)


My beloved red Hibiscus has been presenting me with a steady stream of brilliant blooms.. there were three in bloom at once the other day.


How happy are these flowers.  :-)


We had planned to take our son and grandsons swimming at the hot springs today but with another snow system moving steadily this way we wisely called it off.  Dayle is off at Home Depot to see if he can buy a new skylight.  I hope they still carry the ones we have.  So... now I'm going to crochet on the baby blanket as my lap needs warmth.  :-) . 

What are you up to today?  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
*M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉  ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar