Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The days of January...


Hello everyone.. 
Welcome to the Blessed Hearth again today.. 

Are you experiencing this cold weather?  
I guess we expect this in Canada and we get along fine with it.. 
Terry just keeps putting wood in the furnace and I make soup.. smile.. 


Lentil Soup... 
the recipe is HERE...

It is also sprout week..


Love my sprouts and I told you how to do them HERE..

I guess this is a bit of this and that kind of post.. 
Today I was making curtains to replace my Christmas kitchen ones.. 
In the process I noted that the windows needed cleaning.. 


Terry had picked me up one of these cloths at the Dollar Store.. 
I have been using them for several months and they are great.. 
All you do is wet the cloth and wash your windows.. 
They really work.. 
We have lots of French doors in this house and they are great for doing quick wipe ups... 
Just thought you might like to know that.. grin.. 

We went on our town day yesterday and did a bit of thrift shopping.. 


I bought this great crock type container for three dollars.. 
It is for my bananas that I dried.. 
I told you about them last post and yes we really like them.. 
All you do is slice them and dip them in lemon juice and then place on your dehydrator.. 
I think next time I will slice them crosswise and a bit thicker.. 
The item I saw on the internet sliced them lengthwise into about five slices, though.. 
Also, I will not dry them quite so long.. 
After several hours then just start checking.. 
But they are good.. 

One reader in my last post mentioned she dips them in water and honey which I would like to try, also... 
If she reads this perhaps she will share the measurements with us in the comment section.. 
Thanks.. 

This is what I was doing today.. 
Making a valance.. 
A double one.. 
I had bought a sheet at the thrift store that had this tag on it.. 
Anyway.. 
I measured and started tearing the fabric.. 
After I tore two pieces I noticed that it was not tearing straight.. 

Oh great... 
It took me a few hours to finally get all of the pieces the right measurements and sewn... 

I love the colours and they look fine..
It was too dark tonight to take a pic when I finally got them finished.. 
Perhaps, tomorrow.. 

Step one in my kitchen little redo.. smile..  

What are you girls busy doing ? 
I bought a lovely red wool coat yesterday to do my felted bed runner... 
Hopefully, I will get that started tomorrow.. 

I still have my tree up.. 
Is that not pathetic??? 

I have everything else down and taken to the basement where I am storing them for the first time.. 
That will leave me with a whole double closet up here.. 
Tomorrow for sure, I hope.. 

When I get done here I want to make a loaf of bread for tomorrow.. 

The link for that is HERE..

Are you making this bread? 
 Tomorrow is going to be one of the coldest days so I think we will appreciate the smell of baking bread, eh? 

I guess that is all for today, my friends.. 
Hope you are keeping warm.. 

Next time, I will post a little questionnaire for you all.. 

Looking forward to hearing from you and glad you like the Anonymous being back on.... 
God bless.. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar