Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

we heart tomatoes and Pavarotti


 This is the final week of summer-ish weather , so says our favorite meteorologist, Don Day in Cheyenne

The air as usual has changed overnight, feels autumnal. Tomatoes last hurrah!

 



They are so sweet,  garden candy!  Bags, the  tomato- photo- bombing Squirrel  below,has been coming around all summer, shoos the others away, laid claim to this magic door that opens when he scratches at it and BEHOLD!!!  a pile of nuts appears! Nuts are preferable , of course, raccoon family  also prefers nuts and grapes but, we heart tomatoes,  it all evens out- each one thinking that they got the best deal.


here is a squash  that is not going to turn into anything  other than its blossom and vine trailing along the deck.

 All of the plums were aborted- because Mrs. Plum controls her own body and she does not live in the south. Just heard on NPR that Floriday and Alabamer think what Texas has done is such a good idea that they are going to try it also. As long as there are humans on this planet , there will be idiocy. 

Bags, eating a nut, just now, outdoor dining.  I should  have gotten a front view of him, then you would know how he got his most appropriate name. 

Got a new phone!! It is perfect- it does nothing at all except  pretend call to pretend tomato harvesters.



The world that I much prefer about now. 

I stayed up until 1:00 am, listening to Pavarotti,   
  "Holy Mother"  undid me. Both Clapton and Pavarotti lost  their sons to early death - of all entities to consider, Mary is the one!  " Holy Mother, hear my cry".  I reckon  that Mary wrapped Conor up in her  universal feel good cloak of comfort, and the parents of course,  needing comfort and love for the rest of their days. In my mind I surround them with Mary, queen of the universe,  energy. Anyway, I listened to just about everything Pavarotti I could- then moved on to a few Il Volo, and then the documentary about Maria Callas.  

I am not a religious person (no shit, jack!) but I  do have a fondness for Mary - I love the illusion , the thought and  myth  of her. I choose her to hang out with of all the Holy folks. She takes in orphans , she loves all children and after all - we humans are, pretty much,  children - we all require love. Even the horrible ones. (I am talking to you Texas Taliban) 




Holy Mother, where are you?

Tonight, I feel broken in two
I've seen the stars fall from the sky
Holy Mother, can't keep from crying
Oh, I need your help this time
Get me through this lonely night
Tell me, please, which way to turn
To find myself again
Holy Mother, hear my prayer
Somehow I know you're still there
Send me, please, some peace of mind
Take away this pain
I can't wait (I can't wait)
I can't wait (I can't wait)
I can't wait any longer (can't wait any longer)
I can't wait
I can't wait (I can't wait)
I can't wait for you
Holy Mother, hear my cry
I've cursed your name a thousand times
I've felt the anger running through my soul
All I need is a hand to hold
Oh, I feel the end has come
No longer my legs will run
You know I would rather be
In your arms tonight
When my hands no longer play
My voice is still, I fade away
Holy Mother, then I'll be
Lying  safe within your arms   



(photo - Mary of Lourdes bottle from the charity shop- empty of  holy water ,  a cool bottle . I think I will fill it with gin , a pretty good  choice that Mary will appreciate )

Oh and for desert- here is a video of Stevie and Luciano  and yes , the Spice Girls- Stevie was the first concert we took Erik to - four months in utero- and , later, the Spice Girls - his first crush.

Peace out!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar