Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Mandu Soup



The weather has not been very friendly the past few days - it's dark, gloomy, cold and wet. Winter is definitely on its way! But this also means, "soup time" for me :)! I have always enjoyed eating different types of soups and stews, especially when the weather is bitterly cold, there's just something comforting about slurping a bowl of warm noodle or chicken soup...! Well..., I don't actually slurp my soup, but I somehow like the word 'slurping' because it reminds me of Japanese cartoon characters who totally enjoy devouring their ramen ;).



Actually I made this mandu soup a few weeks ago, when the weather was not that chilly yet. But I just didn't feel like posting about this soup until now. I used the same mandu recipe as last year and the stock is extremely easy to make: basically just water with dashi granules and sesame oil.

Ingredients - serves 1
  • 5 mandu
  • 500 ml water
  • 3 tsp dashi granules
  • 1 tbs sesame oil
  • Chopped green onions
  • Seeded red chillies, sliced
  • Toasted sesame seeds
  • Thin omelet (optional)
What to do
  • Bring water to a boil. Add the mandu and cook for 5 minutes.
  • Add dashi and sesame oil. Stir and let cook for another 50 seconds.
  • Transfer the mandu soup to a bowl.
  • Garnish with chopped green onions, chili slices, sesame seeds and thin omelet.



Bookmark and Share

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar