Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Remagen feels like home!


I have been in Remagen since September and the time is running so fast.  I can barely believe that there is only one month is left. Six months has been enough time to build a new family that I will always remember and care about. They are people that I have really loved seeing every day and spending most of my time with.
I didn’t expect Remagen to be such a small town and it surprised me how much fun I have had living in a small town. I had thought that living in a small town would be rather boring but it is not. It’s a bit different from big cities as students and professors here really provide you with personalized assistance. Everyone helps you when you need anything to do with courses, language problems or any other matters.
When I first arrived I was shocked. I was going to have to walk 20 minutes to get to the train station and 10 minutes to buy groceries every time that I needed to go. This seemed like a lot to me. The truth is that I am a lazy person. Back in Jordan I would take the car and drive for less than 5 minutes and not have to walk haha. But now things have changed!  I enjoy walking every time I go out. When I went back to Jordan over the Christmas break I was encouraging all my friends and family to walk everywhere rather than drive.
The student dorm makes you feel like you’re at home. Meeting up with German and international students in the common room, having dinners and other gatherings together is just amazing. I have been able to get-to-know more and more students from many different parts of the world and it has made me feel very passionate about learning about new cultures.
The sad part is that I am leaving Remagen in one month but the good part is that I am staying in Germany till September to do my internship. I hope I can stay in contact with everyone I know here so that I can come and visit Remagen more often. 

Zina

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar